For one more day
Book - For one more day
Author - Mitch Albom
Publisher - Sphere publication
This novel is based on the life of Charley Benetto alias Chick. As a kid he loved playing baseball. Earlier he was a daddy's boy. But after his parents divorce, he became close to his mother. Due to an injury he could not make a career in baseball and hence started working in sales. But he did not enjoy his work.
Meanwhile his mother gets a stroke and passes away. He regrets not being around her at that time. He becomes an alcoholic, separates from his wife and runs away from home.
After some years he comes to know that his daughter has married and he wasn't even invited. He later takes a very drastic step of commiting suicide.
This is a very emotional book. It showcases the bond Chick and his mother, Posey shared. The book tells us about how a single mother cares for her children despite all the difficulties she faces in her life. After running away from home, Chick felt alone, uncared, unwanted and unloved. After commiting suicide, he survived and went in a trance in which he met his dead mother and spent time with her.
This book is a good example to teach us to respect and love our parents. It is not that we don't love our parents. But sometimes we forget to express it to them and say " I love you Mom" or "I love you Dad".
Very nice...this will inspire and help many readers...!π
ReplyDeleteThank you Lorraine
DeleteReally nice ... I want more blogs simi
ReplyDeleteSure Rochelle
DeleteVery very nice ππnovel i read this
ReplyDeleteπ
DeleteVery niceπ€© keep it upπ
ReplyDeleteThank you dear
DeleteNice... Very informative
ReplyDeleteThank you Shivani
DeleteAmazing ππ₯
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteVery informative. I will surely read this book ☺️
ReplyDeleteThank you π Do read it
DeleteNice I will read this book
ReplyDeleteThank you π
DeleteToo good... keep it up
ReplyDeleteNice informative π―π
ReplyDeleteπ
ReplyDeleteNice π
ReplyDeleteNice, I will read this bbok
ReplyDelete